-->

white wash background

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Here and There




So, I need to give the disclaimer that I am no "pro blogger" and I am the farthest thing from a writer. If I could have allowed you be a fly on the wall as I was trying to put this post together, you would have laughed at me. Trying to put pictures on and place them make me want to scream....so forgive the format issues! Hope you enjoy a window into our last month. Love you all and miss you!!!!!

The last month has been like this slow and steady climb for me, and for poor Justin....probably more like a relay sprint. We have been able to steal tiny moments away here and there to soak up life-but much of life has been a balancing act for us to work as a team. My struggles are complete opposite of Justin's and yet because we are married, and we are a team...we bare each others burdens.

Many long hours on Justin's end juggling new roles, settling into them, launching a church campus, building teams, being a husband, a daddy, and finding time to simply have "his"time...have been challenging.

With many long hours and having a husband pulled in a million directions, being new to this area, not knowing many people at all, especially any stay at home moms here further south....have made for long lonely days with a toddler.

And before you go and start feeling sorry for us, or I start to paint this sob story, let me say that there is more to say here...Im not done; yet, I think if I am going to share with you whats going on with us, really, then I need to share the hard parts too. Facebook posts of pretty beach days happen...but there is a reality of life for us here that goes beyond all that.

This new season of challenges was to be expected; but there is the anticipating of the trial...and then the reality of living it... the latter, requiring the rubber to hit the road. But the very cool thing is that we know God called us to this- we stepped out in faith, and it requires trusting that he will meet all of our needs according to HIS riches and GLORY......and sometimes...until you step beyond yourself you are never really able to experience THAT kind of provision. And friends...THAT place of provision is something to savor; its not something we have created- because we have stepped beyond ourselves into something a bit bigger than "us".... a LOT bigger actually.

So, in the loneliness...Ive stepped out. I have had to force myself to speak up to the mom in the parking lot to ask about the MOPS T-shirt she was wearing and how I could get involved. Ive had to call the random lady that I don't know, but found her number on the church website and ask if she knew of moms groups. Ive had to be intentional. Ive had to step beyond my comfort zone, and it hasn't come easy, and its been a SLOW and steady climb-but its been really cool to look back as each week goes by, each week there is one new person I meet, or one challenge that I have overcome that I thought I couldn't ...and there has been great reward in that.


Just beyond the path is the water : Deering Estate


Our Miami Springs campus soft launched this past weekend! basically that means we have 3 more weeks to work out all the kinks before we have our Grand opening. People, launching a church is not for the faint of heart. Whatever idea you have in your head of what it looks like....just stop. really, you just have no clue. Ha- we didn't either...ALL so new and challenging and oh so rewarding for us too:) But the hours and details and planning and set up and tear down issues the whole production and pulling it all off...its nuts! Justin has ate, breathed, slept it now for weeks, and therefore I have too in a way. Its been amazing to see it all coming together, its been even more amazing to feel knit together and like family with this big group of people all working toward something. Its been a gift in many ways.


our first painting experience 



Several weeks ago we were downtown at the Miami Children's Museum and decided to make a quick impromptu trip to South Beach. It was rainy and cloudy and what a better day to go for us pale white folk?!:) Here is a window into what turned out to be one of my favorite Miami memories made thus far....



she was tuckered out!!!! 


On another note, Justin is involved with an event CF is calling CF United. All campuses are coming together at the University of Miami's Bank United Center for a day of worship and vision casting. Its pretty cool the plans this church has to reach the hurt and lost. We feel so excited to be a part of this. This is a picture Justin took at the last meeting they held on site in preparation for the event. Justin will be involved with the worship portion of this event. 



oh and Justin got a hardcore inflatable kayak for 40$...yeah leave it to Justin, as you all know, to get a $400 dollar kayak for 40$...thats not an exaggeration either!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment