-->

white wash background

Friday, July 19, 2013

Slow and Steady...




We were SO blessed on Justin's birthday by a group of young adults who are going to be a part of the Springs Campus. We had no real plans on Justin's big day, and suddenly we have this group of people willing to drive all the way to Cutler Bay and bring Justin birthday cake or meet us out for a birthday dinner. These are people we barely know, all willing to come support, love on us, and welcome us with open arms….We were really blown away and beyond blessed. Lola had a ball being passed around, and I think has become the Springs campus mascot :)



I met our realtor turned friend at Starbucks not too long ago with Lola. It was a rare cool(ish) kind of day with a nice breeze, and we had the nicest time sitting outside chatting. As I left I reflected on that little trip to Starbucks, and I realized something….we were really starting to stumble into some kind of community….

When I had walked in, we were greeted by the most amazing kid whose name is Saul. He will be the Springs student director; we got to know him better the Friday prior at Justin's birthday--he instantly became Lola's new BFF. Honest, he's like the Lola whisperer…who else could keep this child happy at 8:00 at night (way past her bedtime) at a restaurant full of adults??…Tio Saul…that’s who. (Tio means uncle in Spanish)…anyway, I regress-

Saul works at Starbucks. He hooked us up with a free beverage too, which if you know us Tunmore and our Starbucks coffee addiction and connections, you would know back home we were often privy to treats by our favorite Starbucks employees…they were like family to us. This simple, kind gesture did so much for my soul that morning, it made me feel at home. But there was more….

As we sat out and talked, a group of interns from the church, who Justin helps manage, came out the door. Kelly, one of the interns we took with us to the fireworks, came running up to hug us…and Lola got this huge grin on her face. She knew Kelly as her other new BFF who rode in the backseat with her to the fireworks on the 4th, and who also rode with us to Justin's birthday dinner Friday.  In that same group, a great big teddy bear of a guy named "Ralphie" comes out and sees Lola and says..."Lola Jae!! I met with your daddy yesterday and I've heard all about you!!"

As we sat, Lola refused to sit on my lap…she wanted Jen, our realtor/new friend to hold her…..The. whole. time. She loves her! As we sat, Lola threw her ball at a group of students who were sitting at the table next to us. As the girl, Rachel, handed it back to Lola, I recognized her from last Saturday at the Church. Justin had introduced me to her and the group of kids she was sitting with here at Starbucks…we exchanged hellos and a few more ball throws on Lola's part. :)

As I drove home from that coffee date I realized I had so many encounters, all different, all separate, and all surrounding a community of people we are becoming a part of……it was a moment for me. I think this new road we are traveling, might just start to feel more and more familiar....slow and steady, we are getting there. 



Here are a few pictures of the last 3 weeks.......

Fridays are family days around here....we ease into our mornings with some light reading:)


a little sun tea in the sunshine state






one of a few storms that have rolled through...that sky



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Praise God.

    Relish in the community He has provided for you so far. What a blessing :)

    I'm praying, my friend. And I'm so impressed by you.

    Hugs,
    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete